A DISABLED man has shared his agony as he claims the council has left him living in a mouldy flat placing his well being at critical danger.
Adrian Huthwaite, 47, has been living in a floor ground flat in Leicestershire for three years however says he needed to struggle the council in order to adapt his home and set up an electrical entrance door so he might escape in case of an emergency.
2The 47-year-old says the council has left him living in a mouldy flatCredit: BPM
2Mr Huthwaite seen mould on his wallsCredit: BPM
The former hairdresser who suffers from COPD, Bronchiectasis and bronchial asthma and is paralysed from the waist down, has requested the council to maneuver him out after recognizing mould on his partitions, Leicestershire Live reviews.
He has argued that living in the flat places his well being in danger as he suffers from various respiratory diseases.
He has since been supplied a home in East Goscote, a distinct space from the place he lives now.
He mentioned: “I wrote to them from my mattress, after being home for just a few days after surgical procedure. Someone was booked to return and have a look at the damp, however cancelled final minute.
“At this level I had sufficient. I had mould and damp creeping up my partitions and the flat smelt.
“The property in East Goscote was mentioned to be a direct match, I agreed to take a look at it however after my operation I did not assume it could be smart to maneuver out of the realm resulting from my major assist community being right here, in addition to medical doctors who know and perceive my well being points and incapacity.
“The flat subsequent door to me has additionally been empty for two years and matches my incapacity wants precisely. I’ve been in this flat and I can get round all of it. Which I’ve instructed them a number of occasions.
“I bid on it however did not hear again after a month regardless of it being a direct match. This is severely affecting my psychological and bodily well being. I really feel so indignant that but once more they have let me down.
“How many extra occasions are they going to let me down and put my well being in danger?”
A spokesperson for Charnwood Borough Council instructed the outlet: “After fixing a leak at Mr Huthwaite’s property, we delivered a dehumidifier to assist scale back moisture in the partitions and have really helpful it runs every day for two weeks.
“We apologise for the inconvenience this has prompted and can cowl the operating prices of the dehumidifier.
“We are sympathetic to Mr Huthwaite’s scenario however there may be vital strain on council housing and a restricted provide of accessible properties.
“When they do grow to be accessible individuals can bid for them and the properties are awarded primarily based on these most in want. We admire some persons are in troublesome conditions, however there are events when others have a better want resulting from quite a lot of causes and circumstances.
“The property is stage entry floor ground with smoke and carbon monoxide detection put in nonetheless to offer extra reassurance we’ll prepare our specialist hearth danger assessor to go to the property.
“We will contact Mr Huthwaite instantly to rearrange the go to and proceed to offer recommendation and help in relation to his housing utility.”
Family-of-7 trapped in ‘mouldy two-bed council flat infested with rats’ for 10 years
We pay for your tales!Do you have a narrative for The Sun information desk?